photo home_zpsckc4codp.png photo about_zpsfaqnh4gw.png photo shop_zpsksuqqpj3.png photo contactme_zpsq1fj4li4.png

Friday, May 15, 2015

Making Homemade Play dough




Today is a grey and rainy day and I love it!  The grass is getting super green and for some odd reason, when it is rainy outside I don't feel so much like I have to accomplish as much inside.  No idea what the connection is there, but I am able to give myself more permission to relax.
Little hands of my munchkins need something to do though!!  Or else....for some other odd reasons, little feet have a tendency to want to jump on my couches when it's raining!  So, here is my tried and true play dough recipe given to me by my mother-in-law, who used it with kindergartners when she used to be a kindergarten aid.  My 3 year old and 8 year old have fun playing together with play dough for hours (especially if it's new and smells good).
Here's pretty much all you need: (and I normally just use vegetable oil, but all I had today was the grape seed oil)
And if you want you can add smells or colors:


Play dough 

2 C. Flour
1 C. Salt
4 t. cream of tartar
2 T. oil
2 C. Water
(optional):  Food coloring and flavored extracts
Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan.  Cook on medium, stirring until it is like scrambled eggs. Cool, knead and be sure it is cool before storing in a covered container. Can be played with as soon as it is cool!
Pictures in order of progression, with the help of my littlest buddy....



















 Here comes the fun...even if not the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips