photo home_zpsckc4codp.png photo about_zpsfaqnh4gw.png photo shop_zpsksuqqpj3.png photo contactme_zpsq1fj4li4.png

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Chosen...a documenary by Shared Hope International


You know, sometimes it seems strange to me to be mixing posts about fun craft projects with posts about a topic so serious and so evil as human trafficking.  But I once read the quote, "Do what you love to fight what you hate."  I don't know where it came from, but I remember seeing the truth in that statement and thinking that you could only fight something you hate if you are taking the time to nourish your own soul with things that give life and bring renewal (as long as what you love is from God).  For me that means practicing a gift of creativity that comes from God alone.  Ultimately, He is the only one who can bring renewal to my heart and mind.

If we were to focus on the evil of this world, it would be very disheartening and so that is why it is often easier to turn away and not think about the abuses, violence, and destruction of innocence that occurs.  However, following a suicide in my immediate family, it felt like my soul had been opened up in a new way to the pain that exists on our planet.  I realize that knowledge can help to bring healing and rescue.


Here is another great educational resource.  The 22 minute video is created for youth and for adults and would be beneficial for youth group and small group viewings.  Two girls tell their stories and how they escaped human trafficking.  It also gives youth an awareness of signs to look for in order to help friends or peers who may be involved in human trafficking and not even realize what they are being pulled into.  Although I would rather middle school students know nothing about the topic of human trafficking, studies show that the average age of being recruited is age 12!  The information in this documentary is presented in an acceptable manner for middle schoolers, but I think they would benefit from a discussion time afterward with parents or trusted leaders. Resources for this are all included. Just wanted to send this review your way.  If anyone has used this resource in a group, I would love to know the response.

Jeannine
watch the trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xdkNE8Jp9E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips