photo home_zpsckc4codp.png photo about_zpsfaqnh4gw.png photo shop_zpsksuqqpj3.png photo contactme_zpsq1fj4li4.png

Monday, May 30, 2016

Latest weekend projects...Pantry and Bathroom vanity

Before and afters around our house....I love before and after pictures!  They inspire me to get my own projects done one at at a time.  Here are a few of my latest weekend projects and since pictures inspire me maybe they can be an inspiration to start on something for you.  I actually tend to put these things off and then it feels so good when they are actually done.

The Pantry before and after:
This is what all four of the shelves looked like but I wanted to get a close up on their messiness here!  
Here is what all four shelves look like now.  Yay, I breath a sigh of relief when I walk through the pantry now and I have to walk through because the door to my garage is in this room.  I was feeling myself cringe when passing by....a sure time a change is needed!  Baskets seem to be super expensive even when on sale, but sometimes the cost is worth it!! Total cost-$66 for the baskets and $6 for the curtain and spring rod.

Last weekend I finished painting our bathroom cupboards.  I have to say, I wish that I would have used chalk paint, but I already had some white paint, so I used it instead.  Chalk paint with a sealer or wax just looks so finished and makes it hard to see brush strokes.  My recommendation after doing this would be to use at least 2 or 3 coats of primer (instead of the 1 that I used) when painting cupboards so that you only have to put on one coat of paint at the end (minimizing the visual brush strokes).  However, I love my cupboards white so much more than before's natural oak....that I am leaving them alone now.

Before....the floor boads aren't finished here either...still in progress!:
After:  Feels brighter in the whole room:



Total cost: $23 for the hardware...(but I already had the paint.)  Still, painting is one of the most economical ways to improve a room! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips